Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BIG NEWS - 26 New Popular Penguins!


Today, Penguin Books has announced on their Popular Penguins Facebook page, that there will be 26 new titles added to the Popular Penguin list.

On one hand, I'm so excited! There's lots of great new classic titles, and I've not read a single one before!

On the other hand, I already have 170 to get through, I don't really need to add to my reading list! (Yes, that number has gotten smaller. I finished 'And The Ass Saw The Angel' last night. Review coming soon!)

The new titles will be released in September, so I'd better get cracking and knock a few more over before then!

For those of you curious, the 26 new titles will be:

Barry Hines, A Kestrel for a Knave
E.M. Forster, A Passage to India
Anais Nin, A Spy In The House Of Love
James Baldwin, Another Country
Bryce Courtenay, April Fool’s Day
Roald Dahl, Boy
John Cheever, Falconer
Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness
Robert Graves, I, Claudius
Jorge Luis Borges, Labyrinths
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-four
Virginia Woolf, Orlando
Isak Dinesen, Out of Africa
E.L. Doctorow, Ragtime
Ali Smith, The Accidental
Zadie Smith, The Autograph Man
John Wyndham, The Day of the Triffids
Pat Barker, The Eye in the Door
Norman Mailer, The Fight
Paul Theroux, The Great Railway Bazaar
Raymond Chandler, The High Window
John Steinbeck, The Pearl
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
H.G. Wells, The Time Machine
Evelyn Waugh, Vile Bodies

It looks like a lot, because it is!

My, my, my. What HAVE I gotten myself into?

If you've read any of the new titles, which should I be getting most excited about? Which do you think I'm going to loathe? Are there any books you think should have been added which are still missing out on the Popular Penguin treatment?

Yours in reading,

Noni Doll